Beekeeper is proud to be the recipient of HITEC Houston’s E20X People’s Choice Award! Part of the HTFP (Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals) world-renowned hospitality conference, HITEC (Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference), the E20X competition recognizes the best and latest innovations in hospitality technology today.
With more 6,650 attendees, HITEC Houston broke attendance records as the highest-attended event in HTFP history. Competing alongside 16 other start-ups, Connie Rheams, Vice President of Hospitality at Beekeeper, presented our hotel workforce app to a hospitality expert panel comprised of six judges, hotel industry mentors, and a packed audience of HITEC attendees.
Real-time Communication Tools to Empower Hotel Workforces
Each start-up in the E20X competition gave a four-minute pitch on their hospitality workforce solution, followed by a Q&A with E20X judges. Beekeeper VP of Hospitality Connie Rheams began with the salient point that, “nobody is immune to communication challenges.” She also shared compelling proof points from Beekeeper customers – including an impressive 39% reduction in hotel workforce turnover – and emphasized two mission-critical hospitality internal communications issues Beekeeper addresses, including:
- The inevitability of your workforce turning to consumer communication tools like WhatsApp if hotels don’t provide adequate communication solutions for their workforces
- The lack of control over content without a managed workforce app for hotel groups, particularly when it comes to hotel security information and info about VIP guests
One Workforce App Built to Connect Hospitality Teams
Designed with simplicity in mind, Beekeeper is a workforce app
that creates a hotel company culture of employee engagement, transparency, and team recognition. Rheams emphasized the following highlights of how our digital workforce app benefits hospitality workforces:
- Mobile accessibility and collaboration
- Real time sharing of health and safety updates, best practices, and important events in dedicated communication streams
- Ensure all hotel communications are read and received by all relevant employees
- Robust analytics dashboard to improve internal communications strategy and employee engagement
- Seamless integration with hospitality labor management systems (LMS) for shift management and user synchronization
Voting for their favorite startup via the HITEC app, the audience chose Beekeeper as the E20X People’s Choice Award winner
. Frank Wolfe, HFTP CEO, shared the following accolades: "HFTP is happy to congratulate Beekeeper as the 2018 People's Choice E20X HITEC Houston winner. An award selected by actual users and buyers is a great boost to a company. Beekeeper should be very proud of the honor."
"We couldn't be more thrilled to win this award from among the world's brightest minds in hotel technology," shares Connie Rheams. "Being named as the E20X People's Choice speaks volumes for the need in the hospitality industry to improve internal communications for non-desk hotel workers which typically account for 80% of the workforce.”
Beekeeper extends appreciation and thanks to HFTP and HITEC, everyone who voted for our workforce app at E20X, and to the E20X expert judges panel and mentors. See you next year at HITEC Minneapolis!
Schedule a Beekeeper demo to see how our award-winning workforce app can transform your hotel's internal communications.