This might be our most exciting Beekeeper product release notes yet! Due to customer requests and cybersecurity regulations, we’ve made some big changes in the last couple months. Here’s what you’ll start noticing in the Beekeeper app and some improvements on the back end.
- Message Receipts (iOS, Android, Web App) – Thanks to the new Message Receipt (also known as “read receipt”) feature, you can now see who has read your messages in real time. Each message will display an icon to show if the message is sending, sent, or read. Group chats also show partially read messages. Click on the message to access the “Message Info” box which shows the chat participants who have read the message and those who have not. The feature will be activated for all customers on January 18th.
- Beekeeper is Fully GDPR Compliant – We are proud to announce that Beekeeper is now fully GDPR compliant, months before the regulation comes into place. Thanks to some final security improvements completed by the end of 2017, our customers can rest assured knowing they’re using a secure tool that makes them compliant with the new regulation.
Find out more details about the General Data Protection Regulation and our journey to compliance.
- Chatbot SDK (Developers’ Portal) – Build customized chatbots that enable your users to communicate with other tools through Beekeeper chats. Set up chatbots to retrieve PTO information or request time off, receive payslips, and more. Additional use cases and the full documentation is available on our Developers’ Portal.
- eAlarm Integration (Marketplace) – eAlarm is a web-based crisis communication service you can use to alert, inform, and mobilize your organization in the event of an emergency. Integrate eAlarm with Beekeeper to trigger emergency alerts directly from your Beekeeper app in a few simple clicks. Available only in Switzerland.
- Login Notification – Users will be notified via SMS, email, or an in-app message when anyone logs into their account with a QR code
- Typing notifications reflect when someone is typing in a chat (iOS, Web, Android)
- Infrastructure changes to prepare for Location Management
- Support to open Dashboard URLs internally, i.e. Dashboard on mobile (Android)
- Hovering over link preview shows more detail (Web)
- Sending a chat message scrolls conversation to the end (Android)
- Ability to specify positions for Bot accounts via API to give more information about each bots purpose
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Our number one goal is to make sure our customers are happy and using the app to its full extent. If you would like to see a new feature added, contact your Customer Success Manager.
For more information Beekeeper’s and specific features and use cases, check out our Help Center.